Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Sew Sweet :: The Bound & the Beautiful



Avert your eyes Nicky!... this is the hassle of sharing a blog, maybe you are making something for the other contributor and they might just find out what you have been up to!



And I have been up to binding! Binding used to be such a mystery to me... When I sew I just jump on the sewing machine and hope for the best. It might take me longer than the average josie/ joe, as I just usually figure things our for myself. Don't get me wrong, this is not my general behaviour... I do read maps and ask for directions! But as a result of this particular sewing philosophy my binding creations have been a disaster!



Making this little padded jacket spurred me to rely on the wisdom of others and read a book ! My husband handed his mint condition tome that got him through fashion school. It is brilliant! It opened the door to more binding possibilities than I thought were possible... turning tatty to bound & beautiful.

As my skills improved I started to dislike the first bits I had sewn. Isn't this always the way? But after 8 hours of binding I can say I am now over it... but it is good not to have to lie to Nicky anymore with stories of making oven mitts! T

P.S The baby hasn't arrived yet... and Nicky has cleaned everything and is telling me she is bored. I believe this is called the calm before the storm!

Labels: ,

9 Comments:

Blogger studio craft said...

Aww...love the little quilted elephant jacket. =) And who knew your hubby went to fashion school...very cool! =)

1:31 pm, April 25, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

woops...that last comment was from me.

1:32 pm, April 25, 2007  
Blogger Ali said...

If the baby gets wind of that cute little jacket it'll be popping out straight away to get into it.

And tell Nicky to enjoy being bored - it's probably her last chance for the next 18 years or so!

6:41 pm, April 25, 2007  
Blogger little special said...

Hi guys!

Love the blog, the jacket + the fabric - so much prettiness!

xx.

11:36 pm, April 25, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

fashion school hubby? that is something!

And the jacket is adorable.

12:57 am, April 26, 2007  
Blogger sulu-design said...

So cute. So, so cute! This is one lucky baby!
Please let Nicky know that if she needs a new scrubbing and nesting spot, there's an apartment in Queens, NY that could use a good cleaning.

12:58 pm, April 26, 2007  
Blogger Sweet Treat said...

Heh! Heh! I offered Nicky my house to clean but some how the nesting bug doesn't leave the front door! And I think Nic is ready to have that baby popping out real soon!

2:58 pm, April 26, 2007  
Blogger Jade said...

Such a talented lady! Your quilted baby jacket is just adorable....lucky, lucky baby.

8:25 pm, April 26, 2007  
Blogger Corrie said...

ohhhh too cute...the little rockers and the jacket!!!

ahhh I remember the last weeks of my pregnancy...just waiting and waiting!

I've got your tips about tokyo fabric shopping from Belinda (tutti frutti) and raring to go with a trip in july planned!!!!! very very excited!

your new craft room sounds lovely...we moved from flat to house last year and no turning back! i do have to share my big sunny craft room with a boring accountant....my husband! no fashion design students here I'm afraid!

9:34 pm, April 26, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home