Monday, March 26, 2007

Sweet Inspiration :: got Japanese milk?


When ever I get the chance to lay my hands on some serious overseas magazine goodies.... I always look for the the French kids magazine Milk. Imagine my excitement when I found the Japanese version! Without even a thought about excess luggage I snapped it up, in total I came away with 4 kids magazines. I think I am addicted!


I tried to pick only one favourite page but this was impossible! There is a fashion spread of young ones discovering butterflies, American Indians and fairy princesses in a library. This one of being shrunk to the height of 5 gummy bears is so fun... When I was little I could spend hours looking out the window reading & imagining... it has got to be better for the brain than TV!


They also featured a French store "Not so big" which is hidden down a winding alley near Etienne Marcel... (I think an out post has opened in Japan somewhere). I got a couple of friends some treasures in there and listened to another Aussie couple whispering about the amazing toys. It was fun to hear their wonderment and I couldn't agree more... just take a look at the wall pockets! They also had some pram toys that are stacks of softies which inspired me to create this for Nicky's little bub.


I wish I could whip up some of the gorgeous clothes for Nicky's little one, but I think I have become a bit of a softie maker and it is becoming difficult to think things up that don't need stuffing! T

P.S Sorry about any spelling mistakes, new blogger is driving me a wee bit crazy!

Milk Magazine
No.1 / 2007 Spring
1. Cover
2. pg 147
3. pg 88

Labels: , ,

6 Comments:

Blogger Belinda said...

I'm seriously in love with that wall pocket. I may just have to copy that idea. Love you string of birds, just gorgeous!!

4:24 pm, March 26, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ooh...thanks for sharing! The birdies are sweet.

4:28 pm, March 26, 2007  
Blogger Ali said...

What pretty birdies - that's one lucky babe Nicky's having.

7:25 am, March 27, 2007  
Blogger momo said...

pretty birds! I have similar one that my friend made me too.

Also I have got the magazine the other day for a project I am working on. Before that I have never actually bought any kids magazine but they are really inspiring. If you like Japanese MILK you might like shortcoco. too! It is great one I found recently as well.

2:51 pm, March 27, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ooooh...little bub says THANKS Auntie Tiff...I can't see them yet, but I just know I'm gonna love those little birdies!

9:59 pm, March 27, 2007  
Blogger sulu-design said...

The stacked softies are fabulous - I'm filing them away in my head for future reference!

12:09 pm, March 28, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home