Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Sweet Eats :: Oh La La! Is that patisserie for moi?



Oh yes! I ate in Paris... and I am afraid this will be a rather photo filled post. I am not a big fan of browsing through other people's volumes of the European trip (making it to Europe is a big deal for us Aussies!)... so I am sorry about being terribly self indulgent! Above is moi & my invaluable friend who seeks out great foodie place in Paris... being very indulgent at "Chartier".

Paris Eats ::


Chartier
7 Rue du Faubourg MONMATRE 75009 Paris
A favourite for tourists as it is tucked away down an alley, fabulous waistcoated waiters (ours was number 5!), amazing atmosphere of twinkling lights and shared table. The food? Not mind blowing fare but simple and satisfying on a winter night. This place has the "feeling" of Paris, that as a visitor you think it should have... romantic and old wordly.

Paris Sweets ::


Raspberry Financier (buttery goodness),Gerard Mulot's delicious cherry clafoutis and a mille- feuille.
And all were for me! Okay I shared with the boy, but I still ate most of it.

Paris Parks :: Jardin du Luxemborg


This is where I see the real Parisians... walking in the park...


reading in the park... playing in the park...


Just being...

I can't help it... I love Paris. T

Labels: , , ,

6 Comments:

Blogger sulu-design said...

Looking at your Paris photos is a treat - not the typical tourist shots, but gorgeous images in their own right. Looks like it was a fabulous visit.

10:19 pm, March 21, 2007  
Blogger Ali said...

What a wonderful visit it looks like you had.

I've only been to Paris as an impoverished student and saw a much seedier side! Shame on me, it being so close. I really must go again.

11:31 pm, March 21, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beautiful photographs. I hope to make it out to Paris one day.

1:31 am, March 23, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i hope my parents bring me to europe one day!

2:05 pm, March 26, 2007  
Blogger Sweet Treat said...

Merci Madames and little princess! Yes... if you can make it to Paris and not stay in a crummy hotel under a bridge, they way I did on my first visit... it is magical!

3:23 pm, March 26, 2007  
Blogger Corrie said...

love paris, baking, japanese crafts....Look I just love your blog! My hubby worked in paris for 2 years while I worked in london and I have such beautiful memories...oh and he proposed there! I became addicted to warm baguette, kir royales, creme brulee and macaroons in gorgeous pink and pistachio green!!!!!!!!!! oh and shopping every visit!

10:32 pm, March 28, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home