Saturday, May 19, 2007

Sweetest bundle of joy :: Jamie


At last I introduce to you our little bundle of joy....Jamie. So comfy was he in my womb the little one didn't want to come out, but my boredom & impatience was abated when my waters broke while the hubbie & I were out shopping for a new frypan!? Lucky we were only 5 minutes from home/hospital, but I'm glad it all happened rather unexpectedly!

Anyways, Jamie arrived almost a week late on the 29 April, weighing in at a healthy 3.47kg (or 7lb 10oz). The delivery didn't quite go to plan, but all those thoughts went out the window when we first laid our eyes on him and he came out healthy & screaming!! And when he revealed his cute dimples to us on day one, my heart just melted....


Here he is in Poppa's arms charming us with his cheeky cuteness....


Displaying his Houdini skills unravelling from his wrap....


Some bonding time with Mum.....


Sleeping soundly in Dad's arms....

And here is Mr Dimples once again...


Thanks to everyone for all your congratulatory comments & good wishes. We've had fantastic family support too...we've only had to cook once in the last 2 weeks! Let's just say our mums have been putting ginger in everything (the Chinese are very big on the healing properties of ginger) and even the hubbie has been sneaking it in his cooking! I think I'm almost over it!

Nevertheless, I'm really enjoying motherhood - it's not as manic as I thought it would be....yet! I'm not sure if it's because so far Jamie's feeding and sleeping pretty well. I'm still waiting for the scary unsettled period everyone is telling me about...it's only a matter of time! But even when I'm up in the wee hours of the morning feeding him, he still makes me laugh with his mid-feed farting, his burping, funny faces, & his post-feed milk comas. The tiredness (& that humongous amount of washing this little guy generates) is all worth it...I just love him to bits. And I can't stop kissing those juicy cheeks. That's the best bit of all! N

Labels:

22 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Oh, he is just gorgeous. Quite possibly the cutest baby I have ever seen (besides mine of course!)
Those dimples! Congratulations!
They are real heart melters aren't they? Even the farts.

7:17 pm, May 19, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Eek! Your little one is SO cute. He reminds me of Big J and they even share the same birthday! How funny! I'm so glad everything is going well...I've always enjoyed the newborn phase and the lack of sleep is made up by the cutest smiles and coos...oh and the baby smell...I miss so much! Enjoy!!

1:21 am, May 20, 2007  
Blogger Ali said...

Hello Jamie, you gorgeous fellow! Those dimples are going to melt hearts.

5:55 pm, May 20, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

He's so cute! I'm so glad he arrived safely and LOVE the dimples!

6:56 pm, May 20, 2007  
Blogger sulu-design said...

I'm not an overly sentimental person, but these pictures of your beautiful baby had me teary-eyed. Such a grogeous round face! And the dimples are over-the-top cute. Congratulations again, and enjoy this little guy!

11:31 am, May 21, 2007  
Blogger MissK said...

What a cutie,love the dimples.

7:56 pm, May 21, 2007  
Blogger Soo said...

He's just so adorable! It's so good to here that you are enjoying motherhood - you're a natural!!!

9:20 am, May 22, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh my, how precious!

He's truly wonderful. Good job, mum..

Enjoy and treasure everymoment.

9:19 pm, May 22, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Aww, congrats to your baby! How adorable with his round cheeks and dimples (they are the sweetest and makes you smile everytime you look at him).

11:27 pm, May 22, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations! Your baby is ADORABLE! Oh, how I love babies! Hey, I believe we have something in common ... I'm also Chinese, from Singapore. Enjoy every moment with your new baby. They grow up too quickly ... my baby girl turns 20 in October :(

8:17 am, May 23, 2007  
Blogger Corina said...

Oh-your baby is definitely rating high on the cuteness scale- I'll ad my name to the role call of "something in common"-well kind of! I'm a half Chinese Australian. We live in the States for the present, my older daughter,7 was born in Singapore (hello Evelyn) and my twin girls were born here just a year ago. The year has FLOWN past so saviour the newborn stage of your son's life-it will be gone before you know it!

1:21 pm, May 23, 2007  
Blogger Tips Of All Sorts said...

Followed a link from kup kup land and I saw a cute little face looking at me. I just have to say congratulations on your lovely boy!

Clara

5:28 pm, May 23, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

BIG BIG CONGRATS!!! He's soooo cuteeee!!!! :D

1:23 pm, May 28, 2007  
Blogger princess naomi said...

He's precious!!! I hope we can be friends one day soon.

2:28 pm, May 29, 2007  
Blogger nicbiccie said...

Oooohhh...you guys are so sweet...thank you for your congrats & kind words! I am sure Jamie will be using his dimples to his advantage (he already is...they're hard to resist) - all I can say is he can get away with it for now!

9:48 am, May 30, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i've just discovered your blog, and will be definitely coming back to see more of those dimpley gorgeous smiles. congratulations! he's just beautiful.

9:43 pm, June 07, 2007  
Blogger Corrie said...

oh he is so cute and those dimples! they are adorable! i bet you receive so many comments when you're out! it only gets better and he looks and sounds like the perfect baby....well done....he is just so cute
Corrie:)

12:37 pm, July 04, 2007  
Blogger *BB* said...

Congratulations! Those dimples are just the cutest. I bet he'll be a wee ladies man in a couple of years with that cute little face!

10:46 am, July 08, 2007  
Blogger joyce said...

congratulations! what a handsome little man!

3:54 pm, July 12, 2007  
Blogger Gloria said...

oh my! look at those dimples!

11:10 pm, September 06, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations he is beautiful! What dimples...
seeing their face for the first time is worth ANYTHING.

4:48 am, October 18, 2007  
Blogger Amy said...

Those dimples are killing me! Too cute. Congrats!

3:09 am, April 22, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home