Friday, February 09, 2007

Sew Sweet :: You complete me!


There is a horrible pink plastic crate languishing next to my desk and it is filled with, what I call WNIPs.... Works Not in Progress! The amount of these WNIPS has been bugging me... I feel guilty every time I start thinking of something else I want to create! So in an effort to get some of these things completed and allay my conscience I gave myself a couple of rules.

1. I am not allowed to start something new unless I complete a WNIP first.
2. I am not allowed to post until I had completed both.

So that's why it has been so quiet around here!

Little Flopsy has been hanging around for months with just a completed head and some cut out limbs. Her pattern is from "this" Japanese magazine... which is my all time favourite. She has a bit of a grumpy attitude, which makes me like her even more.


My reward was being able to myself a tea cozy, Like Nicky I have some "Tea History".... it runs through my veins. Both my parents are from great tea nations, China & England... and has always been apart of our daily ritual. Tea signifies the end of chores, a time to relax... and that would never happen if the tea is cold!

The hand stitching of the motif was so much fun... creating images out of thread can be a bit addictive! I think I understand embroidery a bit more now. Maybe I will have to complete some more WNIPs so I can stitch some more! T

7 Comments:

Blogger Soo said...

I love your embroidery designs!
I also have a pile of things that I've started and haven't finished yet but it just keeps growing!

1:14 pm, February 09, 2007  
Blogger sulu-design said...

Smart little rules you came up with! I do love Flopsy's attitude, and the tea cozy is beautiful. I love the hand-stitched design.

1:14 pm, February 09, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Stunning tea cozy! Love the embroidery work. I'm starting to enjoy embroidery a little more these days [I think I'm a bit too impatient at times and prefer the speediness of my sewing machine]. And the bunny is adorable!

2:02 pm, February 09, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Little Flopsy is very cute. I love the little scowl. =^-^=

5:38 am, February 10, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love both. That tea cosy is wonderful. I hardly ever use my teapot, but it makes me want to make one nonetheless!

Good for you for your plan. I should do the same...

1:30 am, February 12, 2007  
Blogger momo said...

Both very pretty. Love the leaves on the tea cozy

3:02 pm, February 12, 2007  
Blogger Sweet Treat said...

Thanks guys! I am have already thought of 3 more projects I would love to do- I think this is a sign of too many japanese craft books before bed!

10:40 am, February 13, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home