Friday, January 19, 2007

Sweet Eats :: Homemade



It has been a delectable summer... warm with a nice breeze, blue skys and beach walks in Sydney. And another advantage is a seemingly endless supply of reasonably priced fruit. Every time I go to the store I come back with a different berry, a mango or some stone fruit. So much so that we accumulated more than we can eat! It was time to get busy... and turn the fruit into some treats!


Bill Granger is the king of the breakfast scene in Sydney- oh yes there is a breakfast scene! Think oversized sunglasses, hot pants & skinny brown limbed folk clustered on sidewalks! So I thought I would give his Raspberry & Ricotta muffins ago. You can get hold of the recipe "here...." Not bad, but I like a bit more sugar... mind you I have given up on the concept of trying to wear hot pants!


I also indulged in jam making :: Vanilla Bean & Nectarine .


The other sweet homemade treat has been bite sized biccies...

I find it is nice to have something homemade rather than store bought every now and then... of course only if you have got the time! T

7 Comments:

Blogger Ali said...

Drooling - your bite sized goodies are so cute.

11:41 pm, January 19, 2007  
Blogger princess naomi said...

wow... yummy! how nice that you have so much time to bake!

12:36 pm, January 20, 2007  
Blogger sulu-design said...

The muffins look fabulous (I may try out the recipe since I'm not into too sweet myself) and your last photo is just adorable. I love to hear that you're enjoying summer as I'm wrapped up in a blanket in freezing cold NYC. Enjoy those fresh summer fruits!

1:37 pm, January 20, 2007  
Blogger Sweet Treat said...

Thanks guys... stuffed in a muffin for morning tea this morning. All this baking is dangerous!

9:55 pm, January 20, 2007  
Blogger SadieandLance said...

That all looks so yummy. I bought Bill's latest cookbook last week and have already made 3 things from it. All hail Bill. I only wish I actually managed to eat at one of his Sydney cafes before I moved to Melbourne.

4:29 pm, January 21, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've just finished my sandwich and now I HAVE to go get something sweet... you bad bad influence you.

Those little biscuits look too gorgeous to eat. (and I like the fabric they're on too!)

12:26 am, January 23, 2007  
Blogger Sweet Treat said...

I love being a bad influence! I haven't been called that since high school!

10:04 am, January 23, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home