Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Sweet & Soft :: Meiko & other things


It is 10 days into 2007. I have thoroughly embraced the brand new year, full of possibilities...

I have been inspired by "Susan's" post, her beautiful photos reflected in her beautiful creations. My tummy has rumbled when I read "Ali" & "Tiel's" rediscovery of ingredients (great idea). And I love the concept of project numbering over at "Sadie & Lace."

This year I have called in the experts to help me with my resolutions. I have failed most other years! Here is the catergories:

Housekeeping :: "Shannon Lush's" Speed cleaning is my guide for this year's domestic responsibilities. Her chart is stuck on the fridge & the back of the bedroom door. A different day... a different chore.

Diet :: The "CSIRO diet" has swept this nation... I think because it isn't crazy, you can even have burgers for lunch. I found it really worked last year, so we are sticking to it. I was actually really excited to tuck into a healthy meal after all the feasting.

Budget :: We sat down & did the budget with the help of the taxation authority site- they should know, right?! Always a fun night in! ...I have to admit, I have already blown it!

Exercise :: Maybe to our peril we aren't getting any advice. I am mainly walking 2 hours a day... great way to spend a summer afternoon!

But can I tell you that all this resolution time tabling has left me exhausted! Crafting, baking & work still are yet to be factored in! The whole planning meals and then cleaning like crazy (does everyone dust their walls once a week??) and then coming home to count the pennies I spent that day has given me insomnia! You haven't even seen my pile of Japanese cute craft books that are inspiring all the things I want to make for Nicky's bub!

Today I am supposed to post about a softie called Renzo... but with all this frantic behaviour I deleted the photo! So instead we bring you Meiko...


She wants to be a rhythmic gymnast and loves strawberry jelly.

Gotta walk the dog, cook dinner and clean the bathroom now! T

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

my kids dust the walls for me once a day..with their grotty fingers!..and the windows, and the chairs, and the couches.

I think NY's resolutions should be made at the beginning of each month. 'New Month' resolutions. This year for me is all about the months. I will aim to do little things within the month, and am even breaking some things down into a week. I have dusted off my treadmill and am determined to walk 1km a day for a week..so far so good, it is far more achievable than a whole year.

Good luck.

10:32 pm, January 10, 2007  
Blogger sulu-design said...

Thanks so much for the kind words about my blog project. And thanks, too, for links to some great blogs. My reading list grows longer daily... Meiko, by the way, is adorable!

10:54 am, January 11, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home