Thursday, January 04, 2007

Sweet Inspiration :: Not green eggs or ham




"I am Lorax. I speak for the trees. I speak for the trees for the trees have no tongues"
The Lorax by Dr Seuss


We have Dr Seuss to thank for inspiring this print... Neither Nicky or I had ever read "The Lorax" when we were kids. We know all about "Green Eggs & Ham". Maybe because food is a universal love and protecting the environment is now only gathering momentum that I have only just discovered the wisdom of this book. Reading "Wikipedia" it seems it was banned in some schools & libraries.... the sign of a gem methinks!

It has been a bit of a best seller and now we only have these 2 left... we are stuck with whether to keep them for ourselves (sampling rights!) or sell them... Thanks Dr Seuss. T

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

So pretty! Where have you been selling them?

8:51 am, January 05, 2007  
Blogger Sweet Treat said...

HI Suzy! We sell them at Paddington Markets... most Saturdays. Hope your house & country moving is going smoothly.

2:09 pm, January 05, 2007  
Blogger princess naomi said...

Your baking skills are absolutely amazing. I am seriously floored!! Your fruitcake is prettier than Martha's and that crepe cake--MY GOSH!! I'm so impressed! It's just a shame because I can't bake as much as I'd like to since there's no one else but Vincent and me to eat it!

7:59 pm, January 05, 2007  
Blogger Sweet Treat said...

Oh thanks Jo! I used to take my baking to Stan's office to get rid of the stuff!! Anything to bake!

9:33 pm, January 05, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home