Wednesday, June 07, 2006

Work or play?


Tiff & I neeeeed an office. Really badly. Yes, it has dawned on us that we need a space just for work. To focus. To be more efficient. To stash our boxes of t-shirts, fabric hoards and other sewing paraphenalia. To reclaim our homes as personal living spaces. Our home offices have taken over our homes! The photo above is of my dining table...split down the middle between our work stuff and my personal recipe collating project.

The other night, my hubbie (who's the chef in our household) asked me to set the table for dinner. I said, "What table???" I try to tidy up before he gets home from work, but sometimes I just don't get round to it! And then last night, hubbie & I had dinner on the coffee table, Japanese-style. Hmmm, don't think we can continue this for too much longer - the mess is driving me crazy! And I won't go into what our spare room/home office looks like.......but let's just say when we have guests over, the door remains closed at all times!

So we've been on the hunt for a small office for our business, but we haven't had much luck yet. We are hoping something pops up soon...cos we need to reclaim some of our sanity! N

3 Comments:

Blogger the shim family said...

Hope you find the perfect office space. My kitchen island doesn't look much different from your dining room table. The sad thing is I have a studio, but I prefer the height of the kitchen island. =)

2:39 am, June 08, 2006  
Blogger nicbiccie said...

Thanks shim+sons! You're so lucky to have a studio...we can't wait to have an office to spread everything out & not have to tidy it all up every night!

10:01 am, June 08, 2006  
Blogger momo said...

I hope you will fine something suitable for you.
I want work room even just a small room. We live in a tiny flat. By the end of this year,I hope we will be living in a house or bigger flat!

10:27 pm, June 08, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home