Thursday, May 18, 2006

Back Tack Begins

I have a confession... I have been a bit slow on beginning my Back Tack project... part of the reason is that it has been a bit of a struggle to find some fabric that I think is exciting enough. I have loads of fabrics that I love, but none meet the strict black & white theme. So in the hope of discovering some fabric that I had forgotten I went through the stash. Here are some of the ones I found & a couple of potential felt embellishments I cut out....


Due to the lack of inspiring fabric... I thought about designing some of my own and using Freezer paper, which has been every where! But do you think I could remember to buy some when I am at the supermarket? But I do have iron-on transfer paper so I may turn to that. Here is a sneek peek of what I am conjuring up. Hopefully it works out.


The cute pointy kitty appeals to me the most... so it was time to give it a whirl and see if I could actually make it! Here is the trial run. The head isn't connected to the body yet, I hope to get around to it tonight.


Well, hopefully it won't be too long til I can give an update ... because time is quickly running out! T

9 Comments:

Blogger the shim family said...

I love your fabric design! Great idea. And the kitty is looking very cute!

4:41 pm, May 18, 2006  
Blogger Belinda said...

Don't worry I'm dragging the chain on my backtack softie as well. I've heard the only thing to use for the transfers is Reynolds freezer paper, you can get it online at punch and Judy, quilt shops normally stock it and I also found some at spotlight in the quilting dept. My spolight (Dee Why) was selling it for $2.00 a mtr. If you get stuck let me know and I will pick you up some.

5:00 pm, May 18, 2006  
Blogger Sweet Treat said...

Thanks for the tip Belinda about Spotlight! I was worried that it wouldn't even be in Australia... I am a bit phobic about buying online I must admit! Thanks Shim & Sons! I love your freezer paper designs- very inspiring...

6:20 pm, May 18, 2006  
Blogger momo said...

wow! great design. I want that on T-shirt.
I had no idea about freezing paper and our friends from Brisbane came to see us last week so I asked them to get it but what they thought it would be was not the correct thing so I still have not tried the stencill that everybody is talking about.

Love the cat on the right you cut out.

10:09 pm, May 18, 2006  
Blogger momo said...

I just found my blod on your sew sweet list,thank you! First time to be somebody's list!!

10:11 pm, May 18, 2006  
Blogger Sweet Treat said...

Hi Momo! I really enjoy your blog! If I could I would live in Tokyo and reading your adventures gives me a little taste of Japan... enough to make me more hungry to go! If you would like some freezer paper I can get you some and some instant sesame soup you said you like! I love to send packages!

10:13 am, May 19, 2006  
Blogger momo said...

I really like your blog too. I went to Sydney on holiday few years ago and I went to a couple of markets,I might have met you. Is there a lady who wears purple and sells lavender everything? I bought one of her teddy bear and still have it. Reminds me of that holiday.

How about swap?
I could send you something you like if you can think of anything or could be surprise. (up to you) but I am sorry I can not send you any animal products since I am a vegan.

this is fun!

7:23 pm, May 19, 2006  
Blogger Sweet Treat said...

Hi Momo! Sounds like fun! My email is tiff@saveworld.com.au ,let me know if there is anything else you miss from Australia and I will see if I can dig it up! I don't know the lavender lady... and anything is fine from Japan! surprises are fun...

11:26 am, May 20, 2006  
Blogger momo said...

got my e-mail ok?

10:29 pm, May 22, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home