Monday, June 05, 2006

Back Tack Hand Delivery!

Well! His name is Tuff....


On Saturday (whilst we were manning our market stall) Allison & her daughter Tilly hand delivered Tuff to me! What a big surprise that was... it is so nice to see who is behind my Back Tack softie. And what a lovely guy he is... So full of personality. Everyone was cooing over his cuteness and couldn't believe that Allison doesn't want to make another one (I think we should all encourage her to keep going- amazing result for a first time!). My boy exclaimed "Oh man... he is cool" and then "what is all this other stuff?". Hmmm... Allison has been really generous, here is what I got:

1. A pincushion cake, which I am already using! (oops forgot to take a photo- the light is really bad now so I will have to post one up later)
2. An amazing Biography/ recipe book of Antonin Careme... apparently the creator of many French food classics. I am sure I will have to read this with lots of snacks at hand.
3. Allison has provided snacks! Yummy chocolate- infused with Lavender & Lime (gobbled up 2 rows whilst down-loading photos!), peppermint lozenges that I have been eyeing off in food magazines & some licorice lollies with lovely packaging!
4. An Italian recipe for Colomba Pasquale. Bit daunted by a yeast recipe- I usually make rocks for bread!
5. Some Icing colours, which will come in use for some cupcakes.
6. The loveliest Smiggle box- in a Tiffany blue? Love it.

I have been very spoilt... Thank you Allison!



He was a bit afraid to leave his box at first... but soon warmed up to his new surrounds! First he tried to snuggle in with Horlicks. But I don't trust Horlicks with Softies!


He is going to live on our couch with Hiro-o and the wise owl... here they are making friends!


And he was very excited to see that we live opposite a puppy park, but that will have to be for another day as the rain is bucketing down!


My boy, after examining everything said "you had better send Allison something good, show me what you have got!". Man the pressure! I have already been lying awake at 1am panicking about making a good enough softie... things haven't really gone to plan and I have created a few offerings in the hope that Allison will be distracted from the result. Hopefully tomorrow I will get around to posting up a sneak peek of my Back Tack creation. T

P.S Tuff wants to pass on a "hello" to Tilly... who patted and kissed him good bye. Too sweet.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi,Tuff is pretty cute,tho at first I thought it was just the head that was the softie!Very good for a first softie I say!
I tried your lemon tart on the weekend which was a bit risky considering it was for friends coming to dinner.The tart case looked a bit dodgy pre-cooked but it turned out well!I had to borrow my sisters food processor for the pastry tho!

9:24 am, June 06, 2006  
Blogger Sweet Treat said...

Good to hear the lemon tart turned out well... yes it can look a bit on the rustic side but I think the taste and ease makes up for it!

5:30 pm, June 07, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home