Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Back Tack is the new black

I am really enjoying surfing the blogs of other Back Tackers... within the confines of black & white plus one other colour, everyone has created something different & unique. I would love to see them all in real life... and am looking forward to seeing the gallery.

Allison hasn't received her parcel from me yet. But I thought it was time to share a glimpse... little Samantha (I will explain the name later) is all done. At last!


I forgot to post up the pincushion that Allison sent me. A massive cake! I am currently putting it to good use... had to pull out all the pins before I took the photo!


On another note- that is totally unrelated! Winter has truely come to Sydney. It is wet & windy. Yesterday we had the more rain than the whole of last month (I think that is what they said on the news). When I got back from the park, squishing around, walking the dog... I thought about comfort food. Mmmmm.... Sago pudding! I know that some people think sago pudding is just YUK! But have you had it from Yum Cha? It is all oozy and custardy with a crisp baked top. When I introduced it to some friends they shared a ramekin with me- now we each have our own.


I discovered this recipe at Grab Your Fork... It makes an industrial sized amount . Enough to feed an entire Yum Cha restaurant me reckons! Next time I will halve the recipe... a few of our friends have tried it and both of us have. It is missing the lotus paste, but it is still yum.


I made it for my extended family and it all disappeared. Everyone loves a bit of comfort food! T

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh wow. Glad the recipe worked for you, and as for industrial amount... well I always figure that when it comes to dessert, there's no point doing things by halves!

ps. it was quite serendipitous i found your site and I was checking out some archives in chaogeneration.com (cos it mentioned me) when I clicked on your site because it mentioned you and food-themed craft. And then I discover you've been talking about me in your latest post! Ah. Crazy coincedence #341!

4:53 pm, June 07, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home