Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Market Daze... and sometimes confused!


Having a stall at Paddington Markets seems to be really working for us... it has really confirmed our suspicions that softies can make the heart melt. We have had kids, grannies, young guys just out of night clubs, mums & groups of teenage girls giggling around our bear cats. It has even led Nicky to develop theories about how making softies would be good therapy for hardened crims... I think she is fully convinced that our "Rescue Softies" could help in the reduction of crime! Fancy that! It would be nice...

Another thing we have discovered is that it is a lot of hard work... neither of us are fabulous at sewing so it has taken many hours to get these guys just right. I think we are finally getting the hang of it and developing a face and a shape that we are happy with. We may have to play with the pattern a bit... as cutting, sewing & stuffing the individual limbs is more work than we bargained for! But we are loving it... and enjoying the fact that our little creations make many people smile and laugh.

Here are some of the guys from the last market.


Wallace (wants to be an inventor & loves waffles) , Dudley (wants to be a motivational speaker & loves pancakes) & Winston (wants to be prime minister & loves queen of puddings).


Nigella (wants to be a Domestic Goddess & loves chocolate fondant) , Erin (wants to be a leprechaun hunter & loves cream horns) & Suki (wants to be a romance novelist & loves Sacher Torte).


Orville (wants to be an aeronautical engineer & loves marble cake), Toshie (wants to be a concert pianist & loves palmiers) & Bruce (wants to be a martial artist & loves banana split).

We also really enjoy hearing where these guys are headed off to... Errol up the top with the red heart is off to Canada to live his dream of being a ski instructor and a heart breaker. Bruce is a present from a mum to her daughter who is moving out of home to go to Melbourne. Nigella, Erin & Winston all went away with a lady from Melbourne who loves to read blogs! It is really nice to know they are being adopted into good homes near & far! T

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

So glad to hear it is all going so well for you. I was wandering around Paddington Markets last Saturday (13 May), I kept a look out for you, but couldn't find you. I must admit, I was trying to keep tabs on a nearly 2 year old, so my observational skills were a bit hindered.

Are you at a fixed spot at the market, or does it depend on the day? I don't know when I will get there again, but I will try to find you again.

8:22 pm, May 17, 2006  
Blogger Sweet Treat said...

Hi Allison. Yes we were there last Saturday next to the church in a crowded lane way- not the best place! Usually we are in the play ground... but we just go where they can fit us in. We are hoping for a fixed space at some stage but at the moment are enjoying finding where our stall works and where it doesn't!

10:15 pm, May 17, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cheryl said:
Hi, I am the new mother of Winston. Erin is staying with me for awhile in Castlemaine but she will soon be winging her way to London. Nigella is living with my eldest chocolate fondant daughter in St. Ives. We love your softies.

4:06 pm, May 18, 2006  
Blogger Belinda said...

I love the faces of the ones in the first pic, the mouth is so sweet. Good luck with the markets, have you thought of selling on etsy as well...

5:03 pm, May 18, 2006  
Blogger Sweet Treat said...

Hi Cheryl! Funny I was telling my mum, Cheryl about you & the three bears on mother's day! Thanks for letting us know where they have moved to!

6:24 pm, May 18, 2006  
Blogger Sweet Treat said...

Hi Sarah! Nicbiccie has gone off on an adventure this weekend... and will be back next week. Lucky girl! I have heard you are a very sophisticated bag lady! Can't wait to see your work sometime!

10:21 am, May 19, 2006  
Blogger Sweet Treat said...

Ooooh! Sarah I just saw you have a blogger profile! Looking forward to seeing your stuff online!

10:22 am, May 19, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, I think I only meant to register as an 'Other' identity, not a blogger! I don't know how to delete it!I don't have a home PC!But maybe one day...but a sewing machine may come first as I keep hijacking my mum's one.

11:08 am, May 19, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home