Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Making good....


I didn't think I would make good on my word to use my Japanese craft book so soon... instead of just oohing & ahhing over the pages of goodness I got out the scissors and sorted through fabric and then got cutting. This was late at night of course, because this is when the madness always hits! After ironing my proposed seams I looked up to see it was almost midnight and promised myself to start sewing the next day.

The picture that inspired me was this happy little chef...


My version....


is for a little girl from country Australia who is currently in hospital in Sydney.... she is far away from her cubby house at the moment. But I know how she loves to have tea parties & playing in there with her brother.... and everyone knows you have to have an apron when you are preparing for high tea. Last time she was in hospital I had a lovely plastic muffin with her...

Cute fastening for the neck...


My version, with a few self-fabric covered buttons...


That's this month down! Love the sense of achievement of ticking something off the list! Better get back to work. T

2 Comments:

Blogger momo said...

I love the buttons! your verision is actually more pretty to me.
Do you have other books of her?
This is the one i like but she published more and more books lately.

2:40 pm, May 18, 2006  
Blogger Sweet Treat said...

HI Momo- This is the only one of Masaki's I have... but I have really enjoyed it. I have also made the tie on rabbit... which I saw you have also made. Trying to use these books more & more.

6:38 pm, May 18, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home