Saturday, May 13, 2006

Girl's best friend


I am so lucky that my boy understands my addiction to Japanese craft books... he even encourages it. The other day he rang me from Kinokuniya Japanese bookstore. He was whispering....

"Have you got the Aranzi Aronzo book with a bunny on the front?"
"Yesss... why?"
"What about the Aranzi Aronzo catalogue?"
"Got it"
"How about the one with the bags, keys and stuff on it?"
"Nicky has got it, I can borrow it from her"
"Man, I want to buy you a craft book... how about one called 'Fleece dogs'?"
"No I haven't got that one. Is it cute?"
"Yeah it's cute"
"Well... okay! Thanks!"

So this is what I got!

The cover:


The book has two sections. The first is where the dogs are made from fleece... which I think is wool.


The second is called "Dogs made of fleece + dog hair". I don't know why, but this I find a little bit strange! I think I am used to making softies that resemble something but aren't actually constructed from the "real" thing! I am sure my pup Horlicks will think it is a bit strange if I started collecting his hair which turned into a look-alike doggy that smells like him too.... This cutie is a Cavalier King Charles Spaniel and its "mini me"!


I have heaps of these craft books that I love to flip through but haven't really used. So I am thinking about trying to make something from one each month. I am not going to commit or anything! We have been run off our feet working at the markets at the moment, it has been crazy....but I will try and make time. I know it will be fun. T

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home