Thursday, June 29, 2006

Sweet Inspiration! Fashion Market II


The last time I was in Singapore I trawled through the amazing "Page One" book stores. I could spend hours (actually I have spent hours) in there... they have the most amazing range of cook books from around the globe and an eye boggling range of design books. Baggage overload to the max!

This is the little tome I scored last visit... called Fashion Market II... it is 13 interviews with stall holders from Old Spitalfields Market & Up Market by Yi-Ying Wang. It gives an insight into the people, their designs & work spaces. I find it really inspiring, as a market stallholder myself to see people doing it really well....


My favourite is "As Twee As It Can Be". These three girls seem to be dreaming the same dream as us... to have a store with a studio out the back (Oops, did I type that out loud!).


I love the hand stitching of quirky sayings & they have cupcakes! I know I would spend a few pounds if I walked past this stall.


Love their work space... & I think I could kill for a Pingu fridge!

I can't seem to find a web site for them, but other than the Up Market the book says they sell at "our shop" in Kingly court in London. One of my favourite destinations in London... I always find something totally unique there... I could spend the same money at a chain store and have the same thing as a 1000 others or get some thing special... and next time I am going to look out for these guys! T

Up Market
In The Old Truman Brewery
Cnr Of Hanbury St & Brick Lane
On Sundays

Spitalfield's Market
105a Commerical Street
Spitalfield
Open 7 days

Nearest Tube Station: Liverpool St & Aldgate East

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great book! My best friend and I also dream of having a little shop/studio one day.

12:40 am, June 30, 2006  
Blogger Sweet Treat said...

I hope "one day" comes soon for you Sally... I envy others who have created a special creative space.

11:30 pm, June 30, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home