Friday, June 16, 2006

Friday :: Red

Red is pretty big in Chinese culture... so much of the traditions seem to centre on good fortune and long life. The two colours that have come to symbolise these good things are gold & red. Yep it can get a bit gaudy at times especially at special occasions like weddings & births! I wore one of those traditional tight slip of silk red cheong sams with the high collar at my wedding. Half of me is English... and that half found it very difficult to breathe in for the 2 hour duration that I wore that thing! Since then I have really adopted red as my "signature" colour.


My desk is red... my cabinets are red.. kitchen aid is red... kitchen wall is red... fruit bowl is red... kitchen bin is red... Yep! Love it...

On Sunday Nicky & I are meeting up with other Sydney food bloggers.... having said other food bloggers makes me feel a bit fraudulent as I don't think we have mentioned food this week! So to prove our worthiness I am in the midst of putting together a postcard for another recipe I found in my mum's old cook book for Sago pudding.


On another food front I was listening to ABC radio (our public broadcaster) yesterday & Virginia Trioli had Damien Pignolet of Bistro Moncur as her guest. The segment is called "The Knack"-where chefs share special techniques to get your home cooking up to restaurant quality. Yesterday it was pastry and he shared a recipe... it seems he double blind bakes & there were tips like putting your food processor bits in the fridge before using them. I didn't hear the whole interview as I was driving through a tunnel next to a semi-trailer at the time. Not great sound quality. Hopefully the tips are on the website!

And to end... the cutest kid in red!


Well I think so! T

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home