Thursday, June 15, 2006

Crazy craftsters!

We headed off to our first Craft & Quilt Fair yesterday, not knowing what to expect but hoping to find some crafty goodies and maybe some supplies for our business exploits. What we did find was a mass of crazy craftsters, all jostling & edging their way around the exhibitor stalls...some of the queues were 5-deep! And this was a weekday! Tiff & I were looking at each other with bemusement, especially when we overheard one craftser tell an exhibitor she's in town for all 5 days of the fair! Wow, these people are full-on!

The fair consisted mainly of quilt & knitting retailers, but there were also quite a few stationery & scrapbooking stalls, workshops to attend and the Bead Fair was also running concurrently. We found it all a little overwhelming & things started to blur & look the same after a while! But we did manage to pick up some lovely fabric pieces, giggling at the quilting term for these "fat squares"...or was that "fat quarters"? Ok, can you tell neither of us quilt?! Here is the delicious selection I purchased:

I love them!! I think I will need to keep them out, cos every time I look at them they make me smile! Being a craft newbie, I have absolutely no fabric collection to speak of. But I think buying these has created a fabric monster...a bit like the handbag monster that I already am!

Both of us had to restrain from buying any more...especially as we need to save our pennies for next week's food & wine fair! And we know there'll be a tonne of goodies there! N

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi N,Seems like you are on a spotty theme...like the fabrics!Was worried a craft fair may be more 'golden oldie' type fabrics!Cant wait to see what you make!S.

1:49 pm, June 15, 2006  
Blogger nicbiccie said...

Hi Sarah! Yes, I went a bit spotty didn't I...was concerned about this, but the lady said it's ok, don't fight the spots! Oh & don't worry, there was no shortage of golden oldie florally chintzy fabrics...we had to rifle through them to get the fresh ones we liked!

3:22 pm, June 15, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home