Friday, April 28, 2006

Bernina baby


This is my new baby...my first. Born: yesterday. Weight: heavy. Name: Bernina Bernette 80e.

After a couple of weeks of mad research, some sensible motherly advice & a process of elimination...not to mention the rush to catch a bargain in the lead-up to Mother's Day...it came to this. Bernette has all the features I feel I will need as I progress from my "L's" to more advanced projects! And it came within my budget...sorta. I'm kicking myself that it was $100 cheaper only 1 week ago, but I can't dwell on the negatives can I...especially knowing the years of joy Bernette will bring me...I hope!

I am currently working my way through the sizeable instruction manual. I think it's the 1st instruction manual I have ever read...the hubbie can't believe his eyes! Now I just need to book into the free lessons I was offered to see what this baby's capable of...I hope she has a good temperament! My eyes have been opened to a whole new world... N

4 Comments:

Blogger nicbiccie said...

Thanks L & S! I see you're on-line now! Bet you can't wait for your kitchenaid to be sent over from Oz - look forward to seeing your Swiss creations! N

10:41 am, May 02, 2006  
Blogger joyce said...

wow! congratulations on the bernina! happy sewing. my 1st sewing machine sat in the box for almost a year until i actually learned to sew (which was last year actually)...you'll love it after you get the hang of it.

2:47 am, May 06, 2006  
Blogger nicbiccie said...

Thanks Joyce! I admit I've been so busy I've only managed to play with Bernette once since I got her...but I'm going for my 1st lesson next week, so can't wait to get right into it! N

1:21 pm, May 07, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can't believe that earlier efforts to encourage an interest in sewing was not on the agenda then. Now it's WOW look at her now!!
Mum

9:42 pm, May 08, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home