Sunday, April 23, 2006

There is buttons in them hills!



I love buttons... I like them much better than gold. And if there is a rainbow with a pot of buttons at its end... it is in Nakameguro, Tokyo. The pot is called ""& stripe"".

I made my boy walk up & down the canal that runs through this little emerging suburb. There was no way I wanted to miss out on going to this store. It is only tiny, but it is always packed full of lots of Japanese ladies... and the honey that draws us bees are the handmade buttons from France, Italy & Japan. Little boxes line the walls, each box has an example of the buttons that are inside. You just grab the boxes you want... take them to the counter.... point to colour you want and make the hand signal of the amount you want/ need (depending on your addiction).

There is a brother store that stocks men's buttons only called "& Stripe Gear"... we also tried to make a trip there. It is just around the corner. It was closed... damn it! But I had already blown the budget... and now I just look at their site online and count my pennies til I can get back there!

The apples are a set of felt coasters I got from Afternoon Tea... another shop... another addiction... But that is for another day! T

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

My poor boy gets dragged to "& stripe" whenever we're in Nakameguro too. Unfortunately he isn't as appreciative of buttons as I am, so I always get dragged away too soon. I'm going to have to head back there by myself one day so I can browse to my heart's content.

9:25 pm, April 23, 2006  
Blogger Ali said...

What beautiful buttons. I'm trying to find some special ones for my backtack project too, but I think a quick trip to Tokyo is probably out of the question.

10:24 pm, April 23, 2006  
Blogger Sweet Treat said...

Hi Suzy.... it is so nice to know that there is another person who heads to this store. I was oblivious to the fact that my boy was standing outside ... must have been in a button stupor!

Ali... I know what you mean about the button Back Tack combo. I am currently consulting some craft mags!

12:07 am, April 24, 2006  
Blogger momo said...

just found your blog and I enjoy readin it.

I wish I could go to the shop too. Bit too far from Nara...

3:00 pm, April 24, 2006  
Anonymous Vincent Griffin said...

Very nicce blog you have here

2:37 pm, June 15, 2022  

Post a Comment

<< Home