Saturday, April 22, 2006

Back Tack Bliss





Well... I have been meaning to write this post for ages, it seems! I'm in! "Back Tack 3" that is! Phew! I was sure that I hadn't made it in when I read that others had found out they had been accepted.... and I was still pacing the room waiting to hear if I was one of the lucky 100! I had even come up with a title for my "I didn't make it in post", I was going to call it "Back Tack Blues"!!! Well, that title will have to got to waste!

I am partnered up with "la mammina" (to send & receive to). I had said that I was happy for international posting... but as fate would have it my buddy is in Bondi... just a few suburbs away. Hi Allison! The interesting thing is I have actually met Allison. Nicky & I were investigating possible places to have our market stall and went to Bondi markets and saw la mammina's. Nicky bought a really lovely green & white skirt as a present... which has already become a favourite!

The Back Tack project requires that all the softies have to be made in black and white plus another colour. So I decided to inspire myself a bit and research some images that were based on this restriction. Red seems to be a very popular combination out there! I also included some designs from one of my favourite books... "Japanese Optical & Geometrical Art" by Hajime Ouchi. Now I have to decide between the 3 patterns... I am leaning towards the pointy kitty. I think Easter has left me a bit over bunnies!

But we will see! T

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello T & N,

Talk about fate! I was quite gob smacked when I read your post. I'm trying to remember your faces. I know I had a couple of those skirts and I think I remember the day you came. If I remember correctly, the stall was in a terrible corner and half of the front was blocked by these young girls selling really cheep Nookie stuff. The only people coming in my tent were young girls trying on their new clothes. I was in a pretty bad mood. I hope it didn't show too much! Anyway, I'm thrilled and a little bit daunted to be your Back Tack 3 partner. You girls are very creative and I'm just a novice really.
Great cakes by the way, I like to bake myself and I might post a picture on my blog of the birthday spread we did for Tilly last year.

6:13 pm, April 23, 2006  
Blogger Sweet Treat said...

Allison! We certainly didn't think you were in a bad mood! We know the disappointment of being put in a dodgy spot when you have put in a lot of effort. Don't be daunted! The way you styled your stall was lovely and drew us in... so I am sure it will all turn out great! Love to see Tilly's party! T

8:32 pm, April 23, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home