Sunday, April 16, 2006

Hot cross baking

I don't know how Easter managed to creep up on us so quickly, but it did! I almost ran out of time to do some Easter baking...but I couldn't resist somehow...even if it meant icing cookie creatures until 1am this morning! It's not the 1st time I've baked into the early hours...I wonder why I do it? Ummm...cos I love baking is what I tell myself! Until the tiredness hits me like a truck the next day! Oh well....never mind, here are the results:

Some hot cross buns made from a Donna Hay step-by-step recipe pulled out from a newspaper many eons ago. I don't make bready stuff much, so was scared they'd turn into hot cross rocks, but it was ok in the end:


And some of Chocolate & Zucchini's Lemon & Fleur de Sel Butter Cookies....with a bit of variation using my favourite egg white lemon icing, mini sugar flowers & those funny shiny balls they call cachous:


So Happy Easter from me too...hope you enjoy your break! N

1 Comments:

Blogger Sweet Treat said...

MMMMMM... just munching & crunching on the batch of Easter biccies Nicky gave me! I love the lemony icing! A great late night snack... Gotta get my hands on some of those Hot cross buns next.

10:41 pm, April 18, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home