Thursday, July 27, 2006

Sew Sweet :: Cutie made me do it

If my boy doesn't see me for a few days or so (he travels for work) I always score a magazine or Japanese craft book from him! Last time my surprise was this Cutie magazine...


I love, love, love the apron on the cover. At the time I was looking for inspiration for Tie One On's theme of favourite musical and this was it. My favourite musical? Annie. I went to the movie, watched the video and listened & listened to the album... my childhood friend and I were always singing along in her bedroom...

So this is my "Hard Knock Life" apron... Annie was poor at this stage, just an orphan in scrap material hanging out for "tomorrow"! I left it untied to achieve that Cutie cover look!



A close up of bib...


It took me longer to make than I expected, sewing all the pieces together... It turned out a bit frumpy compared to the Cutie version & I'm not that happy with the gathering. I got a bit carried away and made the length way to long. So I am ready to try again! T

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE the apron! I love Annie, too! What a great design! And I think a Japanese craft book makes up for a few days of traveling!

12:13 am, July 28, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh how wonderful!

I hope my husband goes to Japan soon!

5:57 am, July 28, 2006  
Blogger Soo said...

Wow! I love the apron and your colours are so nice. Wouldn't mind cooking dinner in this!

9:49 am, July 28, 2006  
Blogger Sweet Treat said...

Thanks guys... yes husbands that travel need to bring home suitable offerings!

6:50 pm, July 28, 2006  
Blogger Kim Carney said...

I think it is adorable!

7:02 am, August 03, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home