Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Sew Sweet:: Bib & Babe


One of my friends from Uni (College) emailed to let me know that his first born, a little girl had safely arrived... Both mumma & babe are doing well, so my mind quickly jumped to the gift! This friend is a fantastic gift giver... when I turned 21 (not so long ago, Heh! Heh!) he made me a clay "Farside" cow. For another friend he painted a rustic Provencal type chair with a van Gogh inspired picture! So of course I wanted to make something!


So little Jemima was whipped up yesterday along with a matching bib. The neck tie for the bib was inspired by a Masaki Apron... when I have baby sitted I have always found it hard to tie a bib at the back when the little one in my care is screaming for food (do I sound like a nervous aunt!).

I used a pattern for the doll from Martha Stewart kids...


The September/ October 2004 edition.


I am also thinking about making these felt booties using this pattern from Martha as well. I really enjoyed making Jemima and I think I will be making another one soon as the babes seem to be coming think & fast at the moment! T

4 Comments:

Blogger Belinda said...

The bib and Jemina are very sweet, I'm sure they will be well received. There is a tut for some bootees on Heather Bailey's blog which are gorgeous. Here is the link http://www.heatherbaileydesign.com/Booties.html

8:27 pm, July 19, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh my! Little Jemima and the bib are ADORABLE. Your friend is going to be SO happy. I love the idea for the bib tie...does it actually tie in the front then, or is it a knot/loop? And I've always loved those MS booties.

12:40 am, July 20, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

gorgeous bib.

is it kosher for adults to wear bibs these days?

i want one just like that one. love love love blue and brown together.

and the necktie is so unusual. is it a ribbon? and then ties on one side?

1:40 am, July 20, 2006  
Blogger Sweet Treat said...

Hi guys! Thanks Belinda... I have checked out the Heather Bailey booties & I have made myself 3 headbands. I might try them for the next babe! These MS ones have been on my list for about a year! And Bekka & Sally check out the diagram on the next post for the neck tie. I used soft ribbon... and I am not sure if it is kosher to wear a bib, but by looking at the state of my clothes I think I need to wear one!

8:19 pm, July 20, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home