Friday, April 07, 2006

Aranzi Aronzo pilgrimage



It has been a long time since I posted... thanks to Nicky, who has been holding the fort despite recovering from her trip to the hospital! She said that she got the wrong end of the deal this past week! That means I must have got the right end! I got to go to Hong Kong & Tokyo... I think she was right!

One of this nice things about the blogging world is discovering that there are so many people out there that are interested (obsessed?) in the same things... one of these being Aranzi Aronzo! So following on from Nicky's post about her first crafty book, I thought I would tell you about my recent trip to the source of this cutie goodness! Each time I am lucky enough to go to Tokyo I make the pilgrimage to Daikanyama to this sweet little shop where "soft green-tiled walls and dim light of bulbs will make you feel comfortable".

The first time I went there I discovered it by accident after wandering around Daikanyama for 2 hours, but it was shut!!! I was devastated, we were leaving the next day! If you want to go there to discover it for yourself I recommend printing out the map from the website and to keep in mind that it is always shut on Wednesdays. Save yourself the heartbreak! Since our first visit a few shops have sprung up around it... but it still stands out. As you turn the corner you will find a quite steep street, in the middle is a small shop front with the green tiles, some yellow blossoms and little folk peering out the windows.

The front door:



The outside noticeboard:



It is really very tiny inside... a small basement of a shop, that is certainly dimly lit. As you go down the 6 or so steps you spy two sweet girls in peppermint aprons. On the left is three rows of shelves stuffed with all the goodies you could ever hope to discover! Here are the collection of things that came home with me... after much oohing & aaahing... picking things up and then putting other things down.... and remembering that they only take cash (hmmm how much do I need for sushi and a couple of snacks?).





If you don't have the chance to make it there yourself, maybe you could give their online shopping a go. They deliver internationally now! T

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ohhhhhhhh.......I want to visit the shop!!!! Everything is so lovely!!!! You're so luck, sweet treat! :D

2:02 pm, April 07, 2006  
Blogger Sweet Treat said...

Hi lili! I am sure you would love the shop... there is so much in there to love! T

9:37 pm, April 11, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home