Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Month of Softies - March 2006

For March’s Month of Softies, the theme was the interesting “A room of one’s own”….a softie inspired by a room’s colour/feel/theme. Hmmm…what to do, what to do?? Given I’ve got a grey colour scheme with some splashes of red happening in my lounge room, I was thinking along these lines. So thanks to some marle grey jersey fabric Tiff discovered amongst her fabric hoards and her Aranzi Aronzo book for inspiration, I was on my way!

This little bear is the first softie that I’ve made all by myself! Given I’m still on my “L’s” (learners) in the sewing department, there was a little trepidation on my part when I sat in front of the sewing machine. It was a slow, sometimes frustrating process, but it was fun seeing her all come together in the end, especially when I put her red candy-striped dress on (made from some leftover fabric I used one year to wrap Christmas puddings).

She is currently lounging on the couch, feeling very comfortable amongst all my grey & red cushions. Although she just whispered to me, she wouldn’t mind some more little friends….we’ll just have to wait til I recover a bit! N

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

She's cute! :D

2:29 pm, March 21, 2006  
Blogger nicbiccie said...

Thanks li li!

6:52 pm, March 21, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home