Monday, March 27, 2006

Routine Breaker

I was feeling pretty proud as I had got through much of my "to do list" today. Got the boy off to the airport without hassle, walked the dog, put on the washing, returned the hire car, switched to green energy (for only the cost of a cup of coffee a week) & checked the accommodation for the upcoming trip. General work-from-home routine duties achieved, a big tick!

Thought I would email a friend in Hong Kong that we would be passing through. Discovered that he has emailed us first. The reason we haven't heard from him since early Jan was that he had been taking care of his girlfriend that had been in the coach accident in Egypt on Jan 31. She has lost her dad & her brother and has been in hospital since then. A similar accident happened to some Australians 2 weeks earlier, so somehow I missed the news that some Hong Kong-ians where involved in another. He hasn't seen his family, done much work, moved into his new apartment.... none of the routine duties acheived... It got me to thinking about how much importance we place on these things, the feelings of failure when the house isn't clean, haven't got any excercise done... but really they just aren't that important after all.

To be honest I am feeling a bit anxious about seeing him now. Silly isn't it...T

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home