Monday, October 23, 2006

Sweet & Soft :: Little Birdy


I am having a classic "While the cat is away, the mice will play" day. My boy is off overseas for 2 weeks and Nicky has disappeared for a week at the beach... so this little mouse has been playing with Cotton Paint 2006 Vol.25 again! (If you are reading this Nicky I also got all my work done... promise!)

I seem to have got to the age where my friends are all having babies... The 21st birthday parties are long over! And so it seems are most of the 30ths. There are not many weddings marked on my social calendar, but the babes are arriving thick and fast! Apparently Australia is enjoying a bit of a baby boom. Thank goodness for those lovely Japanese magazines, as new babes need gifts!

Love these patchwork bibs in Cotton Paint! They made them reversible.


I adjusted the pattern a bit to make it longer. When I was in Tokyo I noticed that lots of the bibs were more like a collar... a bit of a fashion accessory. In my mind this doesn't seem to be practical enough for your average Aussie, you need something to catch all that dribble! I also didn't plan to have an orange theme, it just seemed to happen.


These are stroller toys... I wasn't sure about the ribbons. Are these safe for kids? So I didn't include it... maybe something attached with velcro would make it safer.


Such sweet little treats! Better get back to work before the cats get back and find out what I have been up to! T

4 Comments:

Blogger Belinda said...

Gorgeous gifts. Just an idea on the birdie. What I have done for the stroller is fed some elastic between two wide ribbons or you could make a fabric casting and attached my little softies to that. That way mum can string it across the top of the stroller where bub can see it. I'll try and sketch it out and email it to you.

8:29 pm, October 23, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Everything is so sweet. I have the same CP issue, but haven't gotten around to making anything yet. I love your little birdie!

1:18 am, October 24, 2006  
Blogger Soo said...

What lucky babies to be receiving such sweet gifts!!!

6:26 am, October 24, 2006  
Blogger Sweet Treat said...

Hmmm... Sounds interesting Belinda. I get the elastic in the fabric casing part. But I am not so sure about how you attach it to the top of the stroller. A diagram would be great. Thanks for the tip!

I am sure you are working your fingers to the bone Sally getting ready for your show... You are sure to enjoy CP when you get more time. Does that ever happen?

Thanks Soo! Wanted to let you know that Signature Prints is having a sale this coming Friday & Saturday!!! I take no responsibility for this info!

9:46 am, October 24, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home