Sunday, October 15, 2006

Sweet Inspiration :: "Re-use" Cute Mushroom Pincushion


I only discovered "Cotton Paint" and the rest of the Cotton series from reading other people's blogs... and have been trying to track them down ever since. Whenever I was lucky enough to make a trip to Tokyo I would scan the book & craft stores all to no avail, it wasn't until my last visit that I actually found a couple in Kinokuniya. Yay for Kinokuniya! And they are fantastic... every page seems to be filled with goodness.


Our little company tries to be as "green" as possible and we love to re-use things. In Tokyo I have found that there is a crazy amount of packaging waste- 3 plastic bags for one purchase! I actually get an uneasy feeling from it all. However there is a "re-use" culture which we just don't have. It is all seen as a bit hippy if it isn't vintage in Australia. But these little felted mushroom pincushions are so cute and non hippy! And they are made from 2 drink bottle lids (I drink from these water bottles all the time).

Love the pins aswell!

This is another use for 2 drink bottle lids- a wee little ring box.


Another "Re-use" and green inspiration is Danny Seo . He has been described as a green stylist and I like to check his blog every now and then. T

Cotton Paint
2006 Vol.25

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

absolutely brilliant.

I love how japanese people do beautiful things on a tiny scale!

Not a western trait.

6:52 pm, October 16, 2006  
Blogger Sweet Treat said...

I so agree Monica- the Japanese are so good at creating everything on a modest scale. I sure they don't have "the bigger the better" phrase!

3:04 pm, October 17, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home