Saturday, March 11, 2006

In the playground of Lost & Found!

Lost!

There is one good thing about being disorganised... and that is discovering stuff you misplaced, like the $10 I found in my pocket this week and these little lovely scraps of fabric I found in a box.


It was like being in a crafty playground! Nicky and I made these hair accessories:


Found!

On Friday I discovered that all types of bakeries have popped up on Broadway (Ultimo, not New York)... This is not what you expect to find along this polluted main road, but there they were burden down with lots & lots of glistening goodies. Beb is the French patisserie, which is the only place in Sydney that I know that produces macaroons... so 3 chocolate macaroons came home with me and a lemon creme brulee tart also tagged along! Then I stumbled along Bread Story an East meets West-style bakery which has funny named pastries like Heaven, Flossie Hottie... I got a soft wide bun with a Yam/ Taro filling. Not pictured are the custard swirl & red bean long bun that... um, disappeared... somewhere! T


P.S Just discovered that Grab Your Fork has written a review of lots of these bakeries, and ate a lot more than me!

1 Comments:

Blogger a n n e said...

I love love love French macaroons!

6:21 pm, March 16, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home