Monday, February 20, 2006

Month of Softies- Feb 2006


So the theme for month of softies this Feb was a heart shaped box... and thankfully the rules are loosely applied. The brain started ticking... first I thought about boxing hearts (lovers not fighters!). Hmmmm... box... Bento Box... and I love sushi. So these guys are heart roe sushi in different forms. One hearty hand roll (Temaki), one heart roe topped sushi wrapped in nori (Gukan) and the twin inside out sushi (Uramaki). Nicky made the dinky felt green grass and she found the bento box at her local Tokyo mart. The background fabric is from a Japanese mill called Latanpopo.

A little bit too furry to eat, but great fun to make. I didn't know I had the patience to do so much hand sewing and if it wasn't for my deadline driving me on,I doubt I would have made it! T

P.S Making these sushi made me think about one of our friends. When he was first invited to Yum Cha (steamed dim sum) he told us he wasn't into that raw stuff! Now he eats sushi and Yum Cha on a weekly basis... he can even order his favourite dim sum in Chinese. Not bad for a white surfer boy!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home