Tuesday, February 14, 2006

One of my greatest loves....

And so it’s Valentine’s Day. I’m not normally one to celebrate this most commercial day of love, although today just so happens to be 10 years to the day my husband and I first met. 10 years. That’s a whole decade! Where has the time gone? No, it wasn’t some romantic blind date…just a random day, out shopping with my best friend who introduced us when we met up with some friends for lunch. Her mind got ticking pretty quickly and she later played the matchmaker! But I’m not going to go into that story here cos it makes me cringe…a good kinda cringe :)

Here’s an idea…maybe this day (or any day!) should be for espousing whatever you love, human or otherwise. So here goes….I LOVE cake! And I thought this appropriately coloured pic of a charlotte framboises would be perfect for today. It was also appropriately delicious….a light spongey cake topped with raspberry mousse & a juicy jelly-gelatinous raspberry layer! I discovered it at the Patisserie Jean while wandering the streets of Colmar in the Alsace region of France. I remember passing by many a patisserie in the town, but thinking this had the best window display & that the pastries looked the best quality! So I vowed to come back after some sightseeing. There is actually a photo of me pawing at the window trying to decide…that’s usually a good sign!

Happy V Day folks & here’s to all the loves in your lives….N

Patisserie Jean
6 Place de l’Ecole
68000 Colmar
Open: Tues-Fri 8.30am-12.15pm & 1.30pm-6.30pm, Sat 8.30am-6.30pm & Sun 8.30am-12.30pm

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home