Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Sweet Eats:: Afternoon Tea anytime of the day!



I have hesitated to post about Afternoon Tea in the past because I am not sure that I can do it justice... this mecca to everything sweet & nostalgic is as close as I have ever been to my idea of perfection. I think it is all captured in the name, Afternoon Tea... the luxury of a pot of tea, a slice of cake and wasting the rest of the day daydreaming some where comfortable.

You wouldn't think it, but this place is a Japanese chain... Apparently in its early days Jamie Oliver was involved, which might account for the yummy food. Every morning my boy & I head to the one in Roppongi Hills (we have been there so often now the staff say they remember us!). The basic menu never seems to change, but there are always seasonal specials. The ice tea with orange juice was a hit with me (the mint leaf is such a nice touch!) to combat the Summer heat.


The service is also something else... always a glass of iced water, a basket of soft & juicy freshly baked bread with a main and your tea pot always gets a cozy even in the middle of Summer. Being half English there is nothing I dislike less than a luke warm cup of tea!


Every morning almost without fail I order the eggplant, bacon & chili pasta. Does that seem a bit much for breakfast? I can only use the time difference as my excuse! And that it is so tasty!


Once all the eating has been done the shop finally opens! I can't show you everything I have bought there as it is a bit embarrassing! They have the balance just right sweet & cute, but not overwhelmingly so... it all seems still stylish! There is some stuff which is a little bit on the chintzy & flowery side, but this means I can also shop for my mum there too!

The glass in the background is actually 3 stacked together. If you turn one the girl's outfit changes. If you turn the other the background changes from sea shells to gardens to more! I can't bring myself to use them yet! It usually takes a year! This is my favorite purchase this trip... other than the collection of classic French songs. Yep they have their own collection of feel good music for cooking, relaxing... even cocktailing! T

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Those glasses are amazingly cute, even by Afternoon Tea standards. It's one of my favourite shops, too.

4:10 pm, August 23, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looks like a wonderful little place to eat + shop. The glasses are adorable!

5:05 pm, August 23, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love your latest purchases!!!! :D

7:54 pm, August 25, 2006  
Blogger Sweet Treat said...

Thanks guys!

I hope I have lots more things to share soon!

3:15 pm, August 28, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home