Thursday, August 17, 2006

Sew Sweet :: Shibuya how I luv ya!

Shibuya I luv ya for your fabric store... and your air conditioning. Oh yes folks the fabrics were every thing I salivated about on the net and more. Six or so levels (got a bit overwhelmed) of crafty goodness exists at Maurnan. It was 35 degrees Celsius in Tokyo so we waited until the evening to venture out of the airconditioning to this store.

The outside of the shop is surrounded in swathes of enticing fabric and I squeezed through the door to find lots of older gentlemen with aprons ready to help. I don't know why I headed to the basement first... but I found these treasures there...

Red Riding Hood & Baby chick canvas and red & green tulip cotton fabric...


And some beyond belief cheap spotty fabric & little lamb fabric...


There was so much more! I was torn... when will I be back? There was so much to buy, so many more levels! My boy was waiting outside in the heat with all our other purchases. So I ran out and gave him the fabrics... explaining I had to get upstairs. I am not sure about you but there is something about having your husband waiting outside (in the heat) that makes me nervous, especially when he lifts the bag and an eyebrow and says "Heavy". Yikes.

I scooted up the stairs and discovered a whole range of linens that are in the craft books. So beautiful... and really expensive. I made the hard decision that my sewing skills weren't up to the cost... maybe next time with a bit of practice.

I did make it to one other crafty store with great buttons... but other than that it was hot, hot, hot and I found myself wilting & disoriented! I am not sure how those Tokyo girls manage to look so cool & composed. Their hair looked fabulous! Hopefully I can go back when there is a nice cool breeze! T

8 Comments:

Blogger Belinda said...

yummy fabric, I'm extremely jealous!!

10:34 pm, August 17, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't know how Japanese girls manage to look so immaculate either, especially the perfect hair in 90% humidity. Perhaps they are all secretly wearing wigs.

10:48 pm, August 17, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, LOVE the fabric. And hooray to your love for standing out in the heat!

1:37 am, August 18, 2006  
Blogger Soo said...

Those fabrics are special enough to book a flight over there right now! Welcome back!

12:41 pm, August 18, 2006  
Blogger Sweet Treat said...

Hi Guys! Now I look at my little collection and it is quite clear that I didn't buy enough! I want to book a flight again but when it cools down, saw it is still hot there and raining!

3:18 pm, August 18, 2006  
Blogger momo said...

Yes in autumn. And next time, please come to Kansai area so that I can show you around!

11:48 pm, August 18, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That fabric store in Shibuya is just mean. I LOVE it!!!
Still hot by the way...

3:51 am, September 05, 2006  
Blogger eireann said...

so-lucky you to live near such a fabric store!!

I've just found your blog (via Buzzville), although I've been watching your photos on Flickr. Hello!

2:21 pm, September 09, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home